Welcome to Jo's Prairie!

My attempt to capture the sweet moments in life and to share them our friends and family. : )

Friday, June 4, 2010

Pop of Color


I am on a mission to add color into my house.
The color "pallette" I have now is (no joke) black, white, and beige.
I absolutely LOVE color but have no idea how to decorate with it. It's sad really. It's extremely frustrating too when you know what something is "supposed" to look like but you can't quite put it together. Luckily for me, my friend next door has given me a few tips to start with as she knows how overwhelmed I get when there's "too much on my plate". First thing is some paint- I will hope to post pics soon of my entry bench going from black to green:) Yay!

For now, my pop of color is the flowers above that I have sitting on the kitchen table. 
Sprucing it up (daily) makes me happy.  
I've planted a hydrangea, dahlia's, snapdragons, begonia's, lavender, and a few more wild flowers (that I can't remember the names of) this Spring so that I might have a few more lovely displays of color in the house. 

No comments: