It's windy, it's cold, and I'm pretty sure that I've broken my toe... ugghhh. I'm usually not so bummed out but seriously, this weather has got to go! I need summer.
My Mom was kind enough to stop by and watch all three little men so that I could enjoy Farmers Market. I LOVE the Saturday ritual of it. Sometimes I come home with my bag overflowing and other times it's only a few items. Today was overflowing and it made me smile to see evidence of summer in my fridge and on the counter. In the tote today were blueberries, cherries, princess raisins, strawberries, gouda cheese, Table Mtn. hamburger, apricots, and Fava beans. My favorite farmer gave me a whole bag of Fava's to experiment with... any recipe suggestions?
Next week the boys and I will be sampling the French bakery's crepe cart:) Yum!
The Poppies are in my front yard. The boys planted them last year and they came back so gorgeous this Spring- the purple are my favorite:)

3 comments:
I am so sorry about your toe. If you come up with any good recipes, let me know. I have some fava bean seeds I have never planted, but if they are amazing, I might throw a couple of short rows in. :)
Have fun! What a nice Mom you have to let you go shopping.
Is there a ranch called Table Mtn.? Are they at the foot of the mountain there?
I don't have any recipes to share but I sure hope your toe starts to feel better soon!
Hi Heather, here is a link about Table Mountain:)
http://www.farmsoftuolumnecounty.org/content/1327
Post a Comment