Welcome to Jo's Prairie!

My attempt to capture the sweet moments in life and to share them our friends and family. : )

Friday, February 12, 2010

When boy met girl....

It all began 11 years ago at the young age of 18 when boy met girl.

two years of friendship...
few months of flirting...
10 days (yes, days) of dating...

*girl goes shopping for a ring*



There was never question or doubt.

We're blessed to have been able to grow up together.


I've always loved our crazy story:)
















Chads Grandmother bought this ring for his Grandfather, "Papa". She passed on to be with the Lord so it has much sentimental value as she was very, very loved by her family.
When Papa found out we were engaged, he took his wedding band off and passed it down to Chad
.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Bobbi, that is so sweet. I love the pictures. Time is moving by so quickly.

Be blessed in the Lord.

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary! (I think!)
DH and I met, decied to go on a date a few weeks later. Dated for 2months and decided to get married. It's been pure bliss ever since!
Isn't the Lord amazing in how He works?

Bobbi Jo said...

Thanks Heather, but it's not our anniversary, just a little "love" post for valentines:) Great story of you and your hubby!!

Melissa Wingo said...

Oh, I remember it all so well. Very proud of you guys for growing together the last 11 years!

Anonymous said...

You forgot the part where your father had forbidden you to see him any longer!! haha just kidding but you did leave out the part of the "fair" and chad asking bob...haha PRICELESS!!!
I love your little valentine post and the pictures of your rings...YOU BOTH HAVE TRULY BEEN BLESSED BY GOD!! He's a pretty good match maker huh! Love You!!

Vanessa said...

I love it Bobbi! I totally understand- when you know, you know. When Nick asked me to start dating him I said, "well, are you going to marry me?" (just wanted to get all the cards on the table, you know?) He said, "yeah." I said, "ok then, I'll go out with you." :)

Daniel Semsen said...

That is BEAUTIFUL.