Welcome to Jo's Prairie!

My attempt to capture the sweet moments in life and to share them our friends and family. : )

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hippie Days

Sometimes I feel like a hippie... and I love it!
The highlight of my day today was pulling weeds in the yard with Kruz on my hip. It was a great workout! With baby in the sling, gingerale fermenting in the kitchen and a bowl full of compost... it was a "hippie" kind of day.



I've finally got the nerve up to try making gingerale. Thanks to Melissa and Cindy who have educated and inspired me, I will hope to have found a new way to keep our family healthy. It will be ready tomorrow so I hope I can get my kids to drink it!

I had to dress it up a little with a cloth top since it was going to sit on my kitchen counter for 2 days:) My gingerale is so cute now! hee hee... I know, it's goofy.

Melissa, my yogurt turned into great cream cheese!! It feels rewarding to try new things. Thanks for all of your help!!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Bobbi, that is so awesome. I love it all. If the kids don't like it, just have them take a sip or two each day.... eventually they ask for it. Ryden goes and pats my fridge looking for ginger ale. It is his favorite.

Good for you! I really like that sling.

Vanessa said...

I love your cute ginger ale! Oh, and What's that about making cream cheese?? Do tell!

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Dont'cha love those days? Although I wouldn't call it a hippie day- I would call it being totally normal (but that's just me!)
Kruzer looks so cute in that sling!

Bobbi Jo said...

Vanessa- Melissa has been sharing her recipe's/secrets with me:) Because I needed whey for the gingerale, I let the plain yogurt "top" sit out overnight which turned it into cream cheese. I just had some this morning on toast with jam and it's really good! Who knew... :)

Bobbi Jo said...

Heather- I love that my "hippie" is your norm!! :)

Evelyn Fields said...

Bobbi, You are such a good mom & "hippie" too! Your gingerale looks way prettier that way. I have a big jug of kim chi (spicy sourkrout) sitting out & it is so ugly. I tried to take pictures today for the blog & they look really gross. May be I need to make a pretty little cover too.

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Hi Bobbi Jo, nice to meet you!
I came via Heather (Mountain HOme Quilts) and Cindy. I've been reading about gingerale and thinking about trying it out too. If I do, I'll need to put a cute little cover on it to. Nicely done!

Hope your family likes it when it's all done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my family will go for it. The kids will for sure. Daddy....... maybe not. He's my picky one!
God bless you and your hippie days!