Welcome to Jo's Prairie!

My attempt to capture the sweet moments in life and to share them our friends and family. : )

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fresh From The Farm

We enjoyed buying fresh produce from Farmers Market this morning as well as using a little from our own little garden to make dinner tonight. The boys helped me pick a bowl full of basil for the pesto sauce we made to top cheese ravioli's. Our time in the kitchen, prepping food and watching the cuisinart perform its magic, was memorable for me tonight. I LOVE the boys helping me! It makes the meal special and I think they appreciate it a little more. They were great helpers! Both of them actually liked the pesto too which surprised me.


We all enjoy checking on the progress of the tomatoes. Kuper shows me the baby ones (above) and Kade points out the bigger ones (below).





The blooms in the garden were so pretty today- I guess they like the summer heat.


It was a happy 4th of July today for our family. Chad and I took the boys to the driving range at Mtn. Springs. I'm pretty sure it was Kuper's first golf lesson from his Dad and I know he enjoyed it. Kade is a natural and very exciting to watch hit the ball! Their Ma Ma came over and set up their new pool which they had a blast with this evening. The laughs were never ending while they turned it into a slip-n-slide:-) It made me smile to see them so happy and having fun together.
Next year we'll try to fit in some fireworks. For this 4th of July, it was a blissful, simple day that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Loving the new pool from their Ma Ma! (Grandma Sandi)
Posing a grumpy face (below)











1 comment:

Evelyn Fields said...

Love the grumpy face on Kupes & all your garden goodies.